This will describe how to install CM7 to
the NookColor eMMC (internal Memory)
NOTE: I have never seen or heard of a
"bricked" Nook Color, I have a link to how to restore them to the Stock OS
below, but use these at your own risk.
These instructions basically come from:
I just changed some wording around to make it easier to follow and understand.
1) Download the 220.127.116.11 bootable SD recovery image from
2) Unzip the above file - you will get a file named
3) Get this file WinImage
http://www.swl-ute.com/winima85.exe and install it.
4) Put a uSD card in a reader, and run the WinImage program.
4a) Choose Disk from menu, then click on: restore virtual hard disk image on
4b) A window pops up - choose your uSD card from it.
4c) A window pops up - first change files of type to *.* then find your
File. and click open.
4d) This will start the "burning" of the CWR image to your uSD card
5) Download a CM7 file from: You need to scroll way down to see them.
Nightlies (The latest)
RC (Release Canadate - what will be next stable)
Stable (older but very stable)
My suggestion is RC or nightlies
6) Download Google Apps app
scrool down to it
In line with CyanogenMod 7 to the right of that or from
7) Put both the CM7.zip file and the gapps.zip file on the root directory of the
Do NOT unzip them.
8) Unmount your uSD card, power off your nook, and put the uSD card in the Nook
9) Power up the Nook it will boot into CWR recovery mode.
9a) The volume keys move the cursor up and down
9b) The power button jumps back a menu (kind of like goto top menu)
9c) The n (home) key is the "enter" key
10) Under mounts Format /system,
/data, and cache. Do NOT format /boot
10a) Choose Mounts and storage from main menu
10b) Scroll down to format /system hit n
10c) It will ask for confirm on each one you choose to format
10d) Scroll down to it and hit n to confirm
10e) Do this for the /data and /cache also
11) Hit the power button to get back to the main menu
12) Choose - install zip from sdcard hit n
13) Choose - choose zip from sdcard hit n
14) Choose your CM7.zip hit n
15) Confirm by scrolling down to it and hit the n key
16) When it is done get back (power button) to install zip from sdcard
17) Then choose zip from sdcard hit n
18) select the gapps.zip file hit n
19) Select the gapps.zip file from the list, and hit n to confirm
20) Remove the sdcard
21) Go back to the main screen (use
power button) and select reboot system now (highlight it and hit n).
If you notice any errors in this or
have any comments please feel free to e-mail me:
charlie dot alexander at gmail dot